The Trail Ends in Nome
Rumor of moving the course has been greatly exaggerated, so let this update serve as a reminder of what to expect for the upcoming 2015 Trail Class events. With very few exceptions for some Iron Dog promotional efforts, the Trail Class course only goes to Nome.
Any participants who wish to ride to Fairbanks are encouraged to enter the Pro Class race.
There are some new ideas being discussed, but the primary date, time and destination has not changed. Some of the concepts being discussed are focused primarily on safety concerns such as mandatory layovers or required rest time.
Recreational Class Start (Friday, February 20, 2015)
- Riders will assemble on Big Lake near South Port Marina at 8:30-9:00 am.
- The ride to Nome starts on Friday morning at 10:00 am.
Recreational Class Route
- The Recreational Class is a sanctioned ride by Iron Dog only from Big Lake to Nome.
- Riders choosing alternate courses will not be recognized as Iron Dog participants. (May include penalty, disqualification or barring from future participation.)
Defining the Recreational Class
- A recreation only event for friends, family and colleagues.
- Participants are Riders, not Racers.
- It is NOT a race.
- It is NOT a testing ground for future Pro Class racers.
- It is an amazing experience with plenty of adventure!
If you have any comments or questions regarding the 2015 Recreational Class ride, I highly recommend contacting us before August 1, 2014.