Iron Dog Start in Anchorage
The Pro Class officially starts on Saturday, February 18, 2017 in Anchorage near 4th Ave. & F St.
The 2017 Iron Dog race weekend begins Friday, February 17, 2016 Downtown with the Flying Iron Show. The Iron Dog weekend continues with an all-day series of events in downtown Anchorage on Saturday and Restart of the Pro Class at Big Lake on Sunday.
Watch the Live Start from Anchorage
Stay tuned for updates from the South Anchorage High School Media Team on Live Coverage.
Other events complimenting the Pro Class start on 4th Avenue include a vintage snowmobile shine & show, Iron Pup kids parade, lots of great sponsors, giveaways, restaurants, coffee shops, Iron Dog merchandise and the Flying Iron freestyle show fueled by Monster Energy.
Friday, February 17, 2017: Flying Iron Freestyle Show
More details on the Flying Iron show.
- 7:00 pm | The Flying Iron freestyle show will kick off in downtown Anchorage.
- A second show will follow the start of the Iron Dog in Anchorage at 2:00pm on Saturday, February 18, 2017.
Downtown Anchorage roads will begin closing at 4:00pm Friday, February 17th. Go to the 5th & B St. EasyPark garage for the best access to the Anchorage Start.
Saturday, February 18th: Pro Class Official Start in Anchorage
- 9:30 am | RACE TEAMS MUST BE POSITIONED in the race paddock (near 4th & G St).
- 10:00 am | Meet & greet with the Pro Class racers – open to the public
- 10:30 am | Vintage snowmobile Shine & Show hosted by Everts Air Cargo.
- 11:15 am | Close the paddock area. – only credentialed persons inside the fenced area
- 12:15 pm | Color Guard, National Anthem and announcements.
- 12:30 pm | First Green Flag drops for the first team.
- 1:30 pm | AMMC’s Iron Pup Kids Parade. | www.ammcracing.org
- 2:00 pm | Flying Iron freestyle show at (3rd & E St)