Iron Dog Start in Anchorage
The Pro Class officially starts on Saturday, February 20, 2016 in Anchorage near 4th Ave. & F St.
The 2016 Iron Dog race weekend begins Friday, February 19, 2016 at Big Lake with the Recreational Class riders departing for Nome. The Iron Dog weekend continues with an all-day series of events in downtown Anchorage on Saturday and Restart of the Pro Class at Big Lake on Sunday.
Watch the Live Start from Anchorage
Stay tuned for updates from our media partner, KTUU Channel 2
Other events complimenting the Pro Class start on 4th Avenue include a vintage snowmobile shine & show , Iron Pup kids parade, lots of great sponsors, giveaways, restaurants, coffee shops, Iron Dog merchandise and the Flying Iron freestyle show.
The Flying Iron freestyle show fueled by Monster Energy.
Friday, February 19, 2016: Flying Iron Freestyle Show
More details on the Flying Iron show.
- 7:00 pm | The first Flying Iron freestyle show will kick off in downtown Anchorage.
- A second show will follow the start of the Iron Dog in Anchorage at 2:00pm on Saturday, February 20, 2015.
Downtown Anchorage roads will begin closing at 4:00pm Friday, February 19th. Go to the 5th & B St. EasyPark garage for the best access to the Anchorage Start.
Saturday, February 20th: Pro Class Official Start in Anchorage
- 9:30 am | RACE TEAMS MUST BE POSITIONED in the race paddock (near 4th & G St).
- 9:30 am | Vintage snowmobile “shine & show” & Iron Pup kids scavenger hunt begins
- 10:00 am | Meet & greet with the Pro Class racers – open to the public
- 10:30 am | Vintage snowmobile Shine & Show and parade hosted by Everts Air Cargo.
- 11:00 am | Close the paddock area. – only credentialed persons inside the fenced area
- 11:30 am | Color Guard, National Anthem and announcements.
- 12:10 pm | First Green Flag drops for the first team.
- 1:30 pm | AMMC’s Iron Pup Kids Parade. | www.ammcracing.org
- 2:00 pm | Flying Iron freestyle show at (3rd & E St)