Carlile Transportation Systems is the real Ice Road Truckers that powers Iron Dog’s over-the-road logistics. For more than 10 years they have been carrying supplies for the checkpoints, event setup and our raffle prizes (like the Toyota Tundra and Polaris RUSH pictured.) For 2013, you can win an actual Ice Road Truckers Ride-A-Long thanks to Carlile and Era Alaska!
Logistics is often an unseen and under-promoted aspect of any event. The Iron Dog would like to express our appreciation for all our transportation partners…because, without them it would be impossible to conduct this great snowmobile race.
Carlile provides the following support:
- Transportation for our raffle prizes between Anchorage and Fairbanks for winter shows and the Finish.
- Delivery of literally thousands of gallons of fuel from Anchorage to Talkeetna where it takes flight to remote checkpoints (Puntilla and Rohn) via Talkeetna Air Taxi.
- Pallets of supplies for many of our Interior Alaska checkpoints including Fairbanks, North Pole, Nenana, Manley Hot Springs, Tanana and Ruby. Our friends at Wrights Air Service fly the loads to Tanana, Ruby and Kaltag.
- Moving everything we need to setup our Start at Big Lake and the Finish in Fairbanks. In the past, Iron Dog relied solely on volunteers and a convoy of pickups…having Carlile take it in one trailer has been a vast improvement!
- Many other last second calls for help!
Thank You Carlile!