Pro Class Starts Sunday
The 2014 Iron Dog Pro Class race begins Sunday, February 16, 2014 at Big Lake.
Sunday, February 16th: Pro Class Start Schedule of Events
- 9:00 am | RACE TEAMS must be parked on the ice and start unloading. (parking area closes, don’t be late!)
- 10:00 am | RACE TEAMS MUST BE POSITIONED in the race pit.
- 10:45 am | Color Guard, National Anthem and announcements.
- 11:05 am | First team at Start Line.
- 11:10 am | First Green Flag drops and continues in two-minute intervals until the race field is on the course.
- 1:45 pm | AMMC’s Iron Pup Kids Races
Some Tips & Notes for the Day.
- FYI: The last measured ice thickness is at least 27 inches to 34 inches or more. (2/13/2014)
- BRING ICE CLEATS or any kind of footwear with traction, it is very slick on the lake this year.
- Try to arrive before 10:30AM for the best parking and access to the Starting line.
- Please follow the parking attendants directions, they are volunteers from Alaska Missions who are there to help make the flow of coming and going much smoother.
- Dress warm and come hungry. We’ll have all our Iron Dog gear for sale, Raffle Tickets, Rockstar drinks and a few great food vendors on site to keep you warm on the inside.