Time has gone by quickly and we are now approaching the final entry deadline for the 2011 Iron Dog Pro Class race. Pro Class racers have until November 15, 2010 (5PM AKST). We’ll be in the office waiting for you!
At the time of this story, we have 23 teams signed and ready to go. Based on rumor and hearsay, we think there are still about 4 to 5 teams out there that will be in here on the final day. Either way, the Race Start is coming soon!
While there will not be as many competitors, the 2011 Iron Dog Race is shaping up to be a great year. In addition to the new race rules, be on the lookout for quite a few modifications to our Race Start, Halfway in Nome and the Finishline in Fairbanks. Not to be forgotten, we’re working hard to connect with all of our checkpoint towns and villages. We’ve got a few things in mind specifically for our rural communities…stay tuned.
For the Trail Class, don’t forget that November 20, 2010 is the deadline for you!
Here are some of the highlights for 2011:
- New Start location on Big Lake
- $10,000 Gold Rush Prize in Nome
- New Finish line in Fairbanks
- Educational – Rural/Urban student exchange
- National and Local Media Coverage
- Cool Promotions and Raffles
- Rural Outreach
- Closer Partnerships with other snowmobile events
- National Guard Pro Class and Trail team riders
Obviously there are loads of details to cover on all these topics, so stay tuned for Press Releases and updates on the website, our Facebook page and email newsletters. /K