After some debate and hearing feedback from the racers, the Board of Directors has made some adjustments to the rules for 2015. As of today, the new Pro Class rules take effect.
While it was our hope to have all the final permits and plans in place prior to the publishing of the 2015 Rules, it is important to note that the rules and information surrounding the planned Anchorage segment of the race will be amended as necessary. We will alert racers and the public via the website, social media and email as amendments are added.
Below is a quick list of some of the changes and brief explanation for the rule adjustment(s). Please read the Rules closely, especially the yellow highlighted areas to see what has changed for 2015.
Early Registration (Sec. 1.9.)
- Early registration is limited to a 2-day period, not a finite number of entries. Primary benefits are $500 savings per rider and early drawing.
Required Attendance (Sec. 1.18.)
- Pro Class racers must be at the scheduled events, especially the Anchorage events to qualify as an official “start” of the 2015 race.
- Both racers must have CPR and First Aid training. Get the training now.
- Checkpoints are no longer ambiguous. You must be within visible distance from the checker.
- All racers must use Iron Dog provided fuel, filled directly from the official fuel stop dispenser.
Again, read ALL of the 2015 Rules. You will be agreeing to these rules when you register!
You can always find the current rules listed under Entry -> Race Rules menu.