Fairbanks is the official home of the Iron Dog Finish Line
2018 Finish Updates Coming Soon!
Don’t miss the exciting finish of the Iron Dog in downtown Fairbanks.
Saturday, February 24, 2018: Pro Class Finish
- 9:30 am | Iron Dog setup complete.
- 10:00 am | Enjoy Vendors Booths as you wait for 1st Place Team
- 11:30 am | Announcements and preparing for the 1st Place Team to arrive.
- 12:00 pm | Waiting for the first team to arrive.
- 3:00 pm | Iron Dog Merchandise tent closes.
- 5:00 pm | Last teams to arrive.
Saturday evening, February 24th: Awards Ceremonies
- 6:30 pm | Meet and greet before the Awards Ceremonies (cocktail hour).
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm | Awards Ceremonies begin.
About the Downtown Route
The route veers south of Fairbanks through the Fort Wainwright Recreational Area toward North Pole, Alaska and Chena River Lakes Flood Control Project. Racers will drive north through the Flood Project and onto the Chena River heading back toward downtown Fairbanks. Special thanks to John Johnston, Jeff Dyer, Dennis Falldorf, Roger Brown, Compeaus, Fort Wainwright and Army Corps of Engineers for all the effort keeping this route safe and well marked!
We expect the 1st Place team to arrive sometime around 12PM (noon) on Saturday, February 24, 2018. Stay tuned to our Facebook page and this website for the latest news about this and all our events.
Iron Dog Headquarters
Planning to come to the Finish of the Iron Dog race? Stay at the Official Iron Dog Hotel, the Westmark! Be sure to let them know you are with Iron Dog!
|Iron Dog Headquarters Hotel
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center
813 Noble Street, Fairbanks, Alaska
|Iron Dog Rate: Call for details.
Phone: (907) 456-7722
Fax: (907) 451-7478
Most importantly, we wanted to give Fairbanks a big show and attract more fans and attendance. Come to Fairbanks, check out the events, the incredible Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center, Yukon Quest headquarters and the sponsors of both great events going on that day!