The Big Lake Restart is a Go
We’re preparing for the restart from Big Lake this morning and it’s definitely wet. That said, we hope you will join us for the high speed start off the lake this morning.
Special thanks to MTA for supporting the Big Lake Restart.
Thanks to MTA, Everts Air Cargo, the Alaska National Guard and many others for braving the wet conditions this morning. We look forward to seeing you here!
Sunday, February 22nd: Pro Class Restart Schedule of Events
- 8:00 am | RACE TEAMS must be parked on the ice and start unloading. (Don’t be late!)
- 9:00 am | RACE TEAMS MUST BE POSITIONED in the race pit.
- 9:45 am | Color Guard, National Anthem and announcements.
- 10:00 am | First Green Flag drops and continues in two-minute intervals.
- 12:30 pm | End of the Restart. (Time to pack up for Nome and Fairbanks.)
Please wear ice cleats on your boots!
CAUTION: The lake is very wet with standing water up to 3 inches in some locations around the Start area. Parking will be somewhat unmonitored, we suggest you drive a truck or AWD vehicle. Some areas have thick slush which is passable, but might not be fun in a smaller vehicle.