Iron Dog will hold a ceremonial start in downtown Anchorage on Saturday, February 20, 2016. The 2016 Iron Dog race weekend begins Friday, February 19, 2016 at Big Lake for the Recreational Class Start and runs through Sunday with the Restart of the Pro Class.
Special thanks to MTA for supporting the Big Lake Restart.
Sunday, February 21, 2016: Pro Class Restart Schedule of Events
- 8:30 am | RACE TEAMS must be parked on the ice and start unloading. (Don’t be late!)
- 9:30 am | RACE TEAMS MUST BE POSITIONED in the race pit.
- 10:45 am | Color Guard, National Anthem and announcements.
- 11:00 am | First Green Flag drops and continues in two-minute intervals.
- 1:30 pm | End of the Restart. (Time to pack up for Nome and Fairbanks.)
Getting to the Start
South Port Marina, Big Lake, Alaska
- Easy to find. Ice road entrance is right next to the marina.
- Follow the Monster Energy Drink signs!
See you at the Big Lake Restart!