Dedicated to preserving and showcasing the rich and exciting history and honoring the men and women of the Iron Dog Snowmobile event at both the recreational and competitive levels.
- Scott Davis (7-Time Champion, 1985, 1989, 1993, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2007)
- Jim Palin (Former Board Member)
- Davis Lincoln (White Mountain Checker)
- Ron Davis (Long-time pilot and crew for Iron Dog teams)
- Ray “Booba” Katchatag (Unalakleet checker)
- Northern Air Cargo (30 years of continued sponsorship)
- Mark Carr (4-time champion 1997, 1998, 1998, 2004)
- Butch Novak (Poorman checker and Spenard Builder’s Supply)
- Barrow Morgan (Owner Nome snowmobile dealer)
- Harriett Fenerty (Previous Executive Director and ongoing volunteer)
- Sherry Smith and April Reilly (Early Board Members and fundraisers)
- Tom Berkley (Early founder of Iron Dog)
- Raymond Douglas Sr. (Koyuk checker)
- John Faeo (7-time champion 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1996)
- Bob Kowalke (Early founder of Iron Dog)
- Richard Strick Jr. (Rohn checker)
In celebration of Iron Dog’s 25th Anniversary (2008) the Board of Directors decided to honor legendary Iron Dog athletes, volunteers, staff and others who have made the Iron Dog a part of Alaskan culture and a World Class Snowmobile event, by developing an Iron Dog Hall of Fame.
On February 2, 2008 at the Inaugural Iron Dog Hall of Fame Ceremony the first five inductees were recognized; Tom Berkley, Raymond Douglas Sr., John Faeo, Bob Kowalke and Richard Strict Jr. For each inductee a featured wall plaque is created and displayed at Iron Dog headquarters.
Annual inductions honor the men and women that have played significant roles in bringing and sustaining this esteemed World Class Snowmobile event. Inductees chosen to receive this honor will be recognized at the Iron Dog Drawing Reception and Hall of Fame Ceremony held the week of the Iron Dog race event.
Please help us recognize the individuals that have made this event possible by sending your nomination suggestions to us.